Energy Savings Opportunities Scheme (ESOS) is the UK government’s mandatory energy saving initiative introduced in response to the EU’s Energy Efficiency Directive. It affects firms with more than 250 employees or a turnover of more than €50m (around £36m). These large undertakings are required to produce detailed reports on their energy use every four years.
To comply with ESOS regulations large enterprises will need to undertake an ESOS Assessment, including the following elements:
- Measure your total energy consumption for buildings, industrial processes and transport.
- Identify areas of significant energy consumption, accounting for at least 90% of your total energy consumption.
- Appoint a ‘Lead Energy Assessor’ to oversee the ESOS Assessment.
- Selecting a route to compliance in respect of each area of significant energy consumption and undertaking the activity to comply via this route – these include ESOS compliant energy audits, certified ISO 50001 coverage, a Green Deal Assessment or a Display Energy Certificate.
- Identify cost-effective energy efficiency recommendations for areas of significant energy consumption.
Not only are we an experienced ESOS accredited energy consultancy but our team also have facilities and project management experience. This means that we cost effectively deliver your ESOS obligations and can also identify practical energy and cost saving ideas that have a high return on investment.
Our team are driven by a vision to create a more energy efficient society through valuable assessment and consultancy. Our viewpoint is that ESOS should be less about regulatory compliance and more about opportunity. We aim to manage the audit process on your behalf to eliminate your risk, minimise your costs and maximise your return on investment.
If you are looking for a consultant to manage your ESOS Audit, then LCMB can help.